Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Error in Binding MPI Process to a socket
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-17 15:05:45

The error is telling you that your OS doesn't support queries telling us what cores are on which sockets, so we can't perform a "bind to socket" operation. You can probably still "bind to core", so if you know what cores are in which sockets, then you could use the rank_file mapper to assign processes to groups of cores in a socket.

It's just that we can't do it automatically because the OS won't give us the required info.

See "mpirun -h" for more info on slot lists.