Subject: Re: [OMPI users] PGI 10.9 build failures
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-15 08:25:55

I'm afraid that this is a bug in the PGI compiler -- Open MPI uses the offsetof() macro in several places throughout its code base.

This is why we put in the configure test that tells you that your compiler does not support it -- we got a lot of reports of this issue during the build phase of Open MPI, so we decided to put in a specific configure test that would tell you if your compiler was buggy.

Sorry. :-(

On Mar 15, 2011, at 7:09 AM, Ben Miller wrote:

> I am building OFED-1.5.3 on CentOS 5.5 (OFED-1.5.2 build fine) and succeeds
> except for openmpi_pgi (OpenMPI 1.4.3). For version 10.9 of the pgi compilers I get:
>
> configure: WARNING: Your compiler does not support offsetof macro
> configure: error: Configure: Cannot continue
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.66872 (%build)
>
> I tried two fixes I found in the web for this offsetof error (about a year
> old), but they both failed in the same way.
>
> We are licensed up to 11.1 for pgi, but both mvapich2 and openmpi fail for it.
> Looks like that bug is fixed in 11.2.
>
> Any idea what is wrong with openmpi and pgi 10.9?
>
> thanks,
> Ben

For corporate legal information go to: