Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Number of processes and spawn
From: Federico Golfrè Andreasi (federico.golfre_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-07 05:24:11

Hi Ralph,

thank you very much for the detailed response.

I have to apologize I was not clear: I would like to use the
MPI_spawn_multiple function.
(I've attached the example program I use) .

In any case I tryed your test program, just compling it with:
/home/fandreasi/openmpi-1.7/bin/mpicc loop_spawn.c -o loop_spawn
/home/fandreasi/openmpi-1.7/bin/mpicc loop_child.c -o loop_child
and execute it on a single machine with
/home/fandreasi/openmpi-1.7/bin/mpiexec ./loop_spawn ./loop_child
but it hungs at different loop iterations after printing:
"Child 26833:exiting"
but looking at the top both the process (loop_spawn and loop_child) are
still alive.

I'm starting thinking that I've some environment setting not correct or I
need to compile OpenMPI with some options.
I compile it just setting the --prefix option to the ./configure.
Do I need to do something else ?

I have a linux Centos 4, 64 bits machine,
with gcc 3.4.

I think that this is my main problem now.

Just to answer to other topics (minor):
- Regardin version mismatch I use a linux cluster where the /home/ directory
is shared among the compute nodes,
and I've edited by .bashrc and .bashprofile to export the correct
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
- thank you for the usefull trick about svn.

Thank you very much !!!
Federico.