Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Mac OS X Static PGI
From: David Robertson (robertson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-03 15:28:08

UPDATE:

Sorry for the delay but I wanted to make sure PGI was ok with me sharing
their workaround.

Further conversation with PGI tech support has yielded a solution. The
opal/util/if.c file has the following around line 63:

#include <net/if.h>

Here is the explanation I have from PGI:

<<<<< Start Quote
For 64-bit only there might be an issue of 'not running/crashing'
when it tries to establish the connection.

The reason is probably because a source file includes <net/if.h>.
<net/if.h> has some source code that we don't support , namely
#pragma pack(4)
I think currently ignore it.

The file is: opal/util/if.c that includes <net/if.h>.
You may succeed by including the attached pgi.h instead of <net/if.h>.
End Quote >>>>>

I followed this advise along with editing the
share/openmpi/mpif*-wrapper-data.txt files to have full paths to the
static libraries instead of just -lmpi_f90, -lmpi_f77, -lmpi, etc.

Dave

  • application/unknown attachment: pgi.h