Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MPI_File_Read_all and large file
From: Ricardo Reis (rreis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-02 12:20:58

On Wed, 2 Mar 2011, Gabriele Fatigati wrote:

> Dear OpenMPI users and developers,
>
> i'm using OpenMPI 1.4.3.
>
> My question is about MPI_FIle_Real_all routine and files larger than 4 GB.
> Is this routine able to manage this case?
>
> Using the routine with 6 GB file the routine fails, retrieving an allocation
> error. Investigating more in depth with Totalview, the problem appears in a
> line 188 of ompi/mca/io/romio/romio/adio/ad_nfs/ad_nfs_read.c:
>
> MPI_Type_size(fd->filetype, &filetype_size);
>
> here there is an explicit cast to int that can causes the problem.
>
> Someone can help me?

the file size per process must be lower than 4Gb

There was a discussion a short time ago about this...

best,

  Ricardo Reis

  'Non Serviam'

  PhD candidate @ Lasef
  Computational Fluid Dynamics, High Performance Computing, Turbulence
  http://www.lasef.ist.utl.pt

  Cultural Instigator @ Rádio Zero
  http://www.radiozero.pt

  http://www.flickr.com/photos/rreis/

  contacts: gtalk: kyriusan_at_[hidden] skype: kyriusan