Subject: Re: [OMPI users] mpirun error: "error while loading shared libraries: libopen-rte.so.0: cannot open shared object file:"
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-28 11:45:40

More specifically -- ensure that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set properly *on all nodes where you are running Open MPI processes*.

For example, if you're using a hostfile to launch across multiple machines, ensure that your shell startup files (e.g., .bashrc) are setup to set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH properly, even for non-interactive logins.

On Feb 27, 2011, at 4:49 PM, swagat mishra wrote:

> you need to set up LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the folder where your shared libraries are located
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/library/folder
>
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 3:03 AM, Sonyx Wonda <sonyx_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> Hello!
>
> I am a newbie to openmpi and I am having some trouble running openmpi programs.
> I downloaded and installed the latest version from the web site (openmpi-1.4.3) and the whole process completed successfully. Both ./configure and make all install commands were successful. I am able to compile open-mpi codes (using mpicc and mpiCC) as I did with the example files provided within the source package, but I have a problem when it comes to actually running the executable created. For example, when I tried to run the "hello world" program using: mpirun -np 2 ./hello_c I got the following output:
>
> hello_c: error while loading shared libraries: libopen-rte.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> (I did find the libopen-rte.so.0 file in the /usr/local/lib/ folder)
> I have tried re-installing but this doesn't seem to work.
> I use Linux Mandriva 2007 with the bash shell. The attached compressed folder contains the config.log file and the output from the ompi_info --all command (ompi_info.out), and below is the value of the $PATH environment variable
>
> /sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/lib/qt3//bin:
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
> Regards.

For corporate legal information go to: