Subject: [OMPI users] mpirun error: "error while loading shared libraries: cannot open shared object file:"
From: Sonyx Wonda (sonyx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-27 16:33:14

I am a newbie to openmpi and I am having some trouble running openmpi programs.
I downloaded and installed the latest version from the web site (openmpi-1.4.3)
and the whole process completed successfully. Both ./configure and make all
install commands were successful. I am able to compile open-mpi codes (using
mpicc and mpiCC) as I did with the example files provided within the source
package, but I have a problem when it comes to actually running the executable
created. For example, when I tried to run the "hello world" program using:
mpirun -np 2 ./hello_c I got the following output:

hello_c: error while loading shared libraries: cannot open

(I did find the file in the /usr/local/lib/ folder)
I have tried re-installing but this doesn't seem to work.
I use Linux Mandriva 2007 with the bash shell. The attached compressed folder
contains the config.log file and the output from the ompi_info --all command
(ompi_info.out), and below is the value of the $PATH environment variable

Thanks in advance for your help.