Subject: [OMPI users] Problems with mpicc-wrapper-data.txt
From: Ole Widar Saastad (o.w.saastad_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-25 09:21:23

I get the follwing error (it is more like a waring, the mpicc produce
[olews_at_login-0-1 $ /site/VERSIONS/
[login-0-1.local:14689] keyval parser: error 1 reading file /site/VERSIONS/ at line 1:
  # There can be multiple blocks of configuration data, chosen by
gcc: no input files

The /site/VERSIONS/ is read, verified by chaning it and noticing it's effect. It works fint, but many users are quite unhappy wit this error. I have used strace to see that all the characters get read (322 from strace and 322 from wc).
It looks like there is something internal in the executable

Is there a fix for apparently bug ? I searched the mailing list, but
most information I got was of the type configure/make clean/make/make
install and this is something I have tried before.

Background :

We have several installations of OpenMPI installed.

They reside at (showing mpicc location) :

With corresponding modules to set up the correct path and library path.
set modulefile [lrange [split [module-info name] {/}] 0 0]
set apphome /site/VERSIONS/
set appname OpenMPI
set appurl

module-whatis "A High Performance Message Passing Library"

setenv MPI_TYPE openmpi

prepend-path PATH $apphome/bin
prepend-path LD_LIBRARY_PATH $apphome/lib
prepend-path LD_LIBRARY_PATH $apphome/lib/openmpi
prepend-path MANPATH $apphome/share/man

Ole W. Saastad, dr. scient.
Scientific Computing Group, USIT, University of Oslo