Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MPI_ERR_IN_STATUS from MPI_Bcast?
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-24 19:14:24

The issues have been identified deep into the tuned collective component. It has been fixed in the trunk and 1.5 a while back, but never pushed in the 1.4. I attached a patch to the ticket, and force its way into the next 1.4 release.

  Thanks,
    george.

On Feb 14, 2011, at 13:11 , Jeff Squyres wrote:

> Thanks Jeremiah; I filed the following ticket about this:
>
> https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/ticket/2723
>

> On Feb 10, 2011, at 3:24 PM, Jeremiah Willcock wrote:
>
>> I forgot to mention that this was tested with 3 or 4 ranks, connected via TCP.
>>
>> -- Jeremiah Willcock
>>
>> On Thu, 10 Feb 2011, Jeremiah Willcock wrote:
>>
>>> Here is a small test case that hits the bug on 1.4.1:
>>>
>>> #include <mpi.h>
>>>
>>> int arr[1142];
>>>
>>> int main(int argc, char** argv) {
>>> int rank, my_size;
>>> MPI_Init(&argc, &argv);
>>> MPI_Comm_rank(MPI_COMM_WORLD, &rank);
>>> my_size = (rank == 1) ? 1142 : 1088;
>>> MPI_Bcast(arr, my_size, MPI_INT, 0, MPI_COMM_WORLD);
>>> MPI_Finalize();
>>> return 0;
>>> }
>>>
>>> I tried it on 1.5.1, and I get MPI_ERR_TRUNCATE instead, so this might have already been fixed.
>>>
>>> -- Jeremiah Willcock

> Jeff Squyres
> jsquyres_at_[hidden]

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
  -- Evelyn Beatrice Hall