Subject: Re: [OMPI users] What's wrong with this code?
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-23 10:16:49

On Feb 23, 2011, at 9:48 AM, Tim Prince wrote:

>> I agree with your logic, but the problem is where the code containing
>> the error is coming from - it's comping from a header files that's a
>> part of Open MPI, which makes me think this is a cmpiler error, since
>> I'm sure there are plenty of people using the same header file. in their
>> code.
>>
> Are you certain that they all find it necessary to re-define identifiers from that header file, rather than picking parameter names which don't conflict?

Without seeing the code, it sounds like Tim might be right: someone is trying to re-define the MPI_STATUS_SIZE parameter that is being defined by OMPI's mpif-config.h header file. Regardless of include file/initialization ordering (i.e., regardless of whether mpif-config.h is the first or Nth entity to try to set this parameter), user code should never set this parameter value.

Or any symbol that begins with MPI_, for that matter. The entire "MPI_" namespace is reserved for MPI.

For corporate legal information go to: