Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Beginner's question: why multiple sends or receives don't work?
From: Bill Rankin (Bill.Rankin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-22 12:23:11

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the reply. But this can not solve the problem.

Not sure if this was not your intended meaning (using "can not" instead of "did not"), but did you try it?

> The output indicate that both nodes hang at the second MPI_Wait, and
> no one can reaches the MPI_Finalize.

Flushing the output from stdout and having it make it back to the terminal is a little uncertain when one or more processes hangs or terminate abnormally. You cannot rely upon completion in this case (someone correct me if I am wrong here).

-bill