Subject: [OMPI users] Use mca_base_param_file_path to set .ssh?
From: Barnet Wagman (bw_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-15 13:35:23

I need to find a way of controlling the rsa key used when open-mpi uses
ssh to access hosts. By default, ssh uses the

    ~/.ssh/id_rsa

However, I need to set the key used without messing around with users'
.ssh directories. It appears that in a default installation of
open-mpi, ~/.ssh is specfied is mca_base_param_file_path. Can I change
the ssh directory used by setting this mca param? Or is there some other
way of specifying the id_rsa file (other than changing ssh config files).

More generally, is there anything posted that states in detail what
mca_base_param_file_path controls?

I've found a reference to it in the FAQ: "The MCA parameter
(mca_base_param_file_path) specifies the path to search for AMCA files
with relative paths. By default this is
|$SYSCONFDIR/amca-param-sets/:$CWD|." From this description, it
doesn't like setting mca_base_param_file_path will solve my problem.

thanks