Subject: [OMPI users] MPI_TYPE_CREATE_SUBARRAY not in mpif90 library
From: Petit, George (Cont, ARL/CISD) (george.petit_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-15 13:18:08

A user posted the following ticket to our site. Should the referenced MPI routine be included in the mpif90 library? If not, why? And is there a way to get it added.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I receive the following error when I try to compile my code with ifort with the
openmpi library:

grid.f(38): error #6285: There is no matching specific subroutine for this generic
subroutine call. [MPI_TYPE_CREATE_SUBARRAY]
call
mpi_type_create_subarray(3,isizes,isubs,istarts,MPI_ORDER_FORTRAN,MPI_REAL8,DTghost(1),ierr)

It looks like the 'mpi_type_create_subarray' routine is missing from the openmpi
library libmpi_f90.so. The routine is in libmpi_f77.so. Is it possible to add it
to the f90 library? The fortran 90 versions of mpi for sgi_mpt, xt-mpt, ibm-mpi and
intelmpi all include this routine. Thanks. -Rob

George Petit
Lockheed Martin
ARL DSRC Customer Support Team Lead
george.petit_at_[hidden]