Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI version syntax?
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-02 19:37:54

On Feb 2, 2011, at 1:44 PM, Jeffrey A Cummings wrote:

> I've encountered a supposed OpenMPI version of 1.4-4. Is the hyphen a typo or is this syntax correct and if so what does it mean?

Is this an RPM version number? It's fairly common for RPMs to add "-X" at the end of the version number. The "X" indicates the RPM version number (i.e., the version number of the packaging -- not the package itself).

Open MPI's version number scheme is explained here:

    http://www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/versions/

For corporate legal information go to: