Subject: Re: [OMPI users] How closely tied is a specific release of OpenMPIto the host operating system and other system software?
From: Mehdi Bozzo-Rey (mbozzore_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-02 08:46:05

Hey,

I work for Platform Computing, we do have our clustering tool as well
and I play a lot with others (PCM, ROCKS, xCAT, Unicluster ...). I never
ran into any problem switching OpenMPI versions. In my case I use
environment modules and it just works like a charm :-) You can also have
modules dependencies (like app A was compiled with a very specific
version of OpenMPI so when you load the environment for app A you are
basically "forced" to load the corresponding environment module for
OpenMPI).
Now it may be a little bit more difficult if you are in an heterogeneous
environment (from an OS point of view), like nodes running different
versions of RHEL and SLES.

Cheers,

Mehdi

Mehdi Bozzo-Rey