Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Calculate time spent on non blocking communication?
From: Bibrak Qamar (bibrakc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-02 07:35:26

Gus Correa, But it will include the time of computation which took place
before waitAll( ).

Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 10:09:03 +0400
From: Bibrak Qamar <bibrakc_at_[hidden]>
Subject: [OMPI users] Calculate time spent on non blocking
       communication?
To: users_at_[hidden]

Hello All,

I am using non-blocking send and receive, and i want to calculate the time
it took for the communication. Is there any method or a way to do this using
openmpi.

Thanks
Bibrak Qamar
Undergraduate Student BIT-9
Member Center for High Performance Scientific Computing
NUST-School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.
-------------- next part --------------
HTML attachment scrubbed and removed

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 22:14:53 -0800
From: Eugene Loh <eugene.loh_at_[hidden]>
       communication?
To: Open MPI Users <users_at_[hidden]>

Bibrak Qamar wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I am using non-blocking send and receive, and i want to calculate the
> time it took for the communication. Is there any method or a way to do
> this using openmpi.

You probably have to start by defining what you mean by "the time it
took for the communication". Anyhow, the Peruse instrumentation in OMPI
might help.

------------------------------

Message: 5
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 01:20:36 -0500
From: Gustavo Correa <gus_at_[hidden]>
       communication?
To: Open MPI Users <users_at_[hidden]>

On Feb 1, 2011, at 1:09 AM, Bibrak Qamar wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I am using non-blocking send and receive, and i want to calculate the time
it took for the communication. Is there any method or a way to do this using
openmpi.

> Thanks
> Bibrak Qamar
> Undergraduate Student BIT-9
> Member Center for High Performance Scientific Computing
> NUST-School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.

About the same as with blocking communication, I guess.

Would this do work for you?

start=MPI_Wtime()
MPI_Isend(...)
MPI_Irecv(...)