Subject: [OMPI users] openmpi's mpi_comm_spawn integrated with sge?
From: Will Glover (will_glover_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-25 02:17:58

Hi all,
I tried a google/mailing list search for this but came up with nothing, so here goes:

Is there any level of automation between open mpi's dynamic process management and the SGE queue manager?
In particular, can I make a call to mpi_comm_spawn and have SGE dynamically increase the number of slots?
This seems a little far fetched, but it would be really useful if this is possible. My application is 'restricted' to coarse-grain task parallelism and involves a work load that varies significantly during runtime (between 1 and ~100 parallel tasks). Dynamic process management would maintain an optimal number of processors and reduce idling.

Many thanks,

--
Will Glover