Subject: Re: [OMPI users] A problem with running a 32-bit program on a 64-bit machine
From: Avinash (amalik_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-22 10:58:43

Hello,
        I figured out the problem, which is described herein, it might be
useful for someone else. The problem stems from ompi_local_slave option
being set on its own in the MPI_Info structure. It seems that
MPI_Info_create is using a shift or more likely a masking operation
(depending upon the size of some type, which in turn depends upon the
underlying architecture), which sets the ompi_local_slave bit to high.
As a result, "jdata->controls" has it's ORTE_JOB_CONTROL_LOCAL_SLAVE bit
set high, see plm_rsh_module.c (line 1065) for the problem. I took the
easy solution and set the ompi_local_slave to "no" in the Info structure
and that solves the problem. Maybe this needs further investigation.

Regards,