Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Help with some fundamentals
From: John Hearns (hearnsj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-21 05:37:05

On 20 January 2011 16:50, Olivier SANNIER <Olivier.SANNIER_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> I’ve started looking at beowulf clusters, and that lead me to PBS. Am I
> right in assuming that PBS (PBSPro or TORQUE) could be used to do the
> monitoring and the load balancing I thought of?

Yes, that is correct. An alternative is Gridengine.

To be honest, I think you should contact a company which sells
ccomputational clusters.
They will send someone to tell you how these clusters work, and give
you an idea of how a small cluster could help with your work.
I can suggest some companies off-list.