Subject: [OMPI users] Concerning infiniband support
From: Zhigang Wei (daniel.wei_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-20 01:59:11

Dear all,

I want to use infiniband, I am from a University in the US, my University's
high performance center don't have Gcc compiled openmpi that support
infiniband, so I want to compile myself.

But I have a few questions,

1. Is it ok to compile openmpi myself with infiniband support, if I
don't have the root privilege? Is it going to work?

2. If it is ok, how can I find out where is the infiniband installation
directory, any shell command to show it?

3. Which configuration is correct? For example, using
"--with-openib=/usr/include/infiniband" as told in openmpi FAQ, or I need to
use "--with-openib=/usr/include/infiniband --with-openib-libdir=/usr/lib64"
both?

Thanks so much.

Daniel Wei

University of Notre Dame