Subject: Re: [OMPI users] change between openmpi 1.4.1 and 1.5.1 about MPI2 publish name
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-07 11:16:25

On Jan 7, 2011, at 10:41 AM, Bernard Secher - SFME/LGLS wrote:

> srv = 0 is set in my main program
> I call Bcast because all the processes must call MPI_Comm_accept (collective) or must call MPI_Comm_connect (collective)

Ah -- I see. I thought this was a test program where some processes were supposed to call connect and others were supposed to call accept.

> Anyway, I get also a dead lock with your lookup program:
> That's what I do:
> ompi-server -r URIfile
> mpirun -np 1 -ompi-server file:URIfile lookup& (it the program which publish the name)
> mpirun -np 1 -ompi-server file:URIfile lookup (it is the program which lookup the name)
> >From these two programs I create a global communicator to exchange communications between the two others

Ah -- this is a key point that I missed in your intial mail: that you're using the ompi server and multiple different mpirun's. :-)

Ok, I can replicate the hang in publish now. I'll file a bug report.

Jeff Squyres
For corporate legal information go to: