Subject: Re: [OMPI users] IRC channel
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-06 11:19:07

On Jan 5, 2011, at 9:28 AM, Hicham Mouline wrote:

> Do people looking at this list ever join the #openmpi IRC channel. The channel seems to point to the website already.

I know that this IRC channel exists, but I'm afraid I don't join it (and my corporate overlords seem to block IRC -- doh!). Answering mails on the list (of which I'm perennially behind) and writing code keeps me too busy to join an IRC session on an ongoing basis. :-(

> The medium could be useful to spread even more the use of openmpi.
> More specific channels could also be created. -beginner, -platform specific , -compilation issues, -performance ...

True. I think the challenge will be to find people who can staff these channels.

For corporate legal information go to: