Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Sending large boradcasts
From: Gustavo Correa (gus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-03 16:58:14

Hi Brock

He's probably hitting the MPI address boundary of 2GB.

A workaround is to declare a user defined type (MPI_TYPE_CONTIGUOUS,
or MPI_TYPE_VECTOR), to bundle a bunch of primitive data (e.g. reals),
then send (broadcast for him/her) a smaller number of those types.

See this thread:

I hope this helps,
Gus Correa