Subject: [OMPI users] openmpi hangs when running on more than one node (unless i use --debug-daemons )
From: Advanced Computing Group University of Padova (acg.unipd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-24 05:17:05

Hi,
i am building a small 16 nodes cluster gentoo based.
I succesfully installed openmpi and i succesfully tried some simple small
test parallel program on a single host but...
i can't run parallel program on more than one nodes

The nodes are cloned (so they are equals).
The mpiuser (and their ssh certificates) uses /home/mpiuser that is a nfs
share.
I modified .bashrc

-------------------------
PATH=/usr/bin:$PATH ; export PATH ;
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH ; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH ;

# already present below
if [[ $- != *i* ]] ; then
        # Shell is non-interactive. Be done now!
        return
fi

The very very strange behaviour is that using the --debug-daemons let my
program run succesfully.....

Thank you in advance and sorry for my bad english