Subject: [OMPI users] [SPAM:### 89%] OpenMPI LAM ?
From: GUBERNATIS Pierre 164999 (pierre.gubernatis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-17 04:47:52

Hello,

I am new at Openmpi : I used Lam so far and we have just installed OpenMpi.

When I run "mpirun -app schema" , OpenMpi complains about a missing daemon lamd, whereas the documentations says there is no need to run lamboot anymore.

To make sure :

$ which mpirun

/export/opt/OPEN-MPI/1.4.3/bin/mpirun

Écouter

Lire phonétiquement

Dictionnaire - Afficher le dictionnaire <http://www.google.fr/dictionary?source=translation&hl=fr&q=&langpair=en|fr>

1. verbe

        1. ouvrir
        2. s'ouvrir
        3. découvrir
        4. dégager
        5. s'épanouir
        6. commencer
        7. percer
        8. déplier
        9. éclore
        10. défaire
        11. déboutonner
        12. débaucher
        13. pratiquer

2. adjectif

        1. ouvert
        2. libre
        3. franc
        4. débouché
        5. généreux

$ more schema

-np 1 -wd /Master/Path Master

-np 1 -wd /Slave1/Path ../Slave

-np 1 -wd /Slave2/Path ../Slave

$mpirun -app schema

It seems that there is no lamd running on the host paola20.

This indicates that the LAM/MPI runtime environment is not operating.

The LAM/MPI runtime environment is necessary for MPI programs to run

(the MPI program tired to invoke the "MPI_Init" function).

Please run the "lamboot" command the start the LAM/MPI runtime

environment. See the LAM/MPI documentation for how to invoke

"lamboot" across multiple machines.

And, if I run 'lamboot', it works !

Would you know why ?

thanks