Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Issue with : mca_oob_tcp_peer_recv_connect_ack on SGI Altix
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-15 15:24:14

On Dec 15, 2010, at 1:11 PM, Gilbert Grosdidier wrote:

> Ralph,
>
> I am not using the TCP BTL, only OPENIB one. Does this change the number of sockets in use per node, please ?

I believe the openib btl opens sockets for connection purposes, so the count is likely the same. An IB person can confirm that...

> But I suspect the ORTE daemons are communicating only through TCP anyway, right ?

Yes

> Also, is there anybody in the OpenMPI team using an SGI Altix cluster with a high number of nodes
> (1k nodes, ie 8k cores) that I could ask him (her) about the right setup ?

Not sure, but 1k nodes isn't particularly large - we launch much larger clusters without problem.

My guess is that you have some zombie procs running that are messing up the communication. You said you had undergone a lot of crashed jobs that might have left zombies in their wake. Can you clean those up?