Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Use of -mca pml csum
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-14 13:49:09

IF the checksum on both peers doesn't match, your MPI call will return with an error. This is in addition of Open MPI printing a warning message on the output (which can be silenced with the right mca parameter).

So, you're supposed to check the return values, and abort if something fishy is going on. A while back we had the dr PML who retransmitted the data in case of checksum errors, but we dropped support due to lack of interest.

  george.