Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Method for worker to determine its "rank" on a single machine?
From: Ashley Pittman (ashley_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-10 13:37:49

For a much simpler approach you could also use these two environment variables, this is on my current system which is 1.5 based, YMMV of course.

Actually orte seems to set both OMPI_COMM_WORLD_LOCAL_RANK and OMPI_COMM_WORLD_NODE_RANK, I can't see any difference between the two.

On 10 Dec 2010, at 18:25, Ralph Castain wrote:
> So if you wanted to get your own local rank, you would call:
> my_local_rank = orte_ess.proc_get_local_rank(ORTE_PROC_MY_NAME);

Ashley Pittman, Bath, UK.