Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Method for worker to determine its "rank" on a single machine?
From: Ashley Pittman (ashley_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-10 13:37:49

For a much simpler approach you could also use these two environment variables, this is on my current system which is 1.5 based, YMMV of course.

OMPI_COMM_WORLD_LOCAL_RANK
OMPI_COMM_WORLD_LOCAL_SIZE

Actually orte seems to set both OMPI_COMM_WORLD_LOCAL_RANK and OMPI_COMM_WORLD_NODE_RANK, I can't see any difference between the two.

Ashley.

--
Ashley Pittman, Bath, UK.
http://padb.pittman.org.uk