Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Help on Mpi derived datatype for class with static members
From: Santosh Ansumali (ansumali_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-09 10:46:10

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 8:53 PM, George Bosilca <bosilca_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> You will have to use the MPI_Type_create_struct (http://www.open-mpi.org/doc/v1.5/man3/MPI_Type_create_struct.3.php).

My doubt is what it means to compute blocklength and displacement for
static variable. For example, if I have a class

class testVect{
static const int size = 5;
double value[size] ;
}

and I want to create MPI derived data to pack value. How block
length and displacement needs to be computed in this case, considering
the fact that size is static?
Thanks for the help!
Best,
Santosh