Subject: Re: [OMPI users] error mesages appeared but program runs successfully?
From: Gus Correa (gus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-03 22:12:17

Hi Daofeng

Do you have an Infiniband card in the machine where you are
running the program?
(Open Fabrics / OFED is the software support for Infiniband.
I guess you need the same version installed in all machines.)

Does the directory referred in the error message actually
exist in your machine (i.e, /dev/infiniband) ?

Are you running it in the same machine where you installed OpenMPI?

What output do you get from:
/usr/sbin/ibstat
?

Did you compile the programs with the mpicc,mpiCC, mpif77
from the same OpenMPI that you built?
(Some Linux distributions and compilers come with
their own flavors of MPI, or you may also
have installed MPICH or MVAPICH, so it is not uncommon to mix up.)

Have you tried to suppress the use of Infinband, i.e.:

mpirun -mca btl ^openib -n 8 hello_cxx

(Well, "openib" is the OpenMPI support for Infiniband.
The "^" means "don't use it")

I hope this helps,
Gus Correa