Subject: Re: [OMPI users] difference between single and double precision
From: Jonathan Dursi (ljdursi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-03 08:59:50

On 2010-12-03, at 8:46AM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) wrote:

> Another option to try is to install the openmx drivers on your system and run open MPI with mx support. This should be much better perf than tcp.

We've tried this on a big GigE cluster (in fact, Brice Goglin was playing with it on our system) -- it's not really an answer. It didn't work past a small number of nodes, and the performance gains were fairly small. IntelMPIs Direct Ethernet Transport did work on larger nodecounts, but again it was a pretty modest effect (few percent decrease in pingpong latencies, no discernable bandwidth improvements).

        - Jonathan

--
Jonathan Dursi <ljdursi_at_[hidden]>  SciNet, Compute/Calcul Canada