Subject: Re: [OMPI users] difference between single and double precision
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-03 08:46:12

Yes, we have never really optimized open MPI for tcp. That is changing soon, hopefully.

Regardless, what is the communication pattern of your app? Are you sending a lot of data frequently? Even the MPICH perf difference is surprising - it suggests a lot of data xfer, potentially with small messages...?

Another option to try is to install the openmx drivers on your system and run open MPI with mx support. This should be much better perf than tcp.

Sent from my PDA. No type good.