Subject: Re: [OMPI users] win: cmake: release+debug
From: Shiqing Fan (fan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-02 05:19:06

Hi Hicham,

Yes, all the stuff you expected are already in trunk, all type of build
share the same bin, include, lib and share. you can check out and have a

On 2010-12-1 11:25 PM, Hicham Mouline wrote:
> Hi,
> Following the instructions from, I've used cmake and 4 build
> directories to generate release and debug win32 and x64 builds. When it came
> to install, I wondered: there are 4 directories involved, bin, lib, share
> and include.
> Are include and share identical across the 4 configurations. If so, it'd be
> good to have a cmake way to share those directories somewhere. As the debug
> libraries have a d added to their names, they could also coexist in the same
> lib directory as the release libs.
> on a win64 box, I could see:
> \Program Files\openmpi\bin and bin\debug: 64bit release and debug mpic++ and
> co (though I don't see the benefit of debug mpic++)
> \Program Files\openmpi\lib: debug and release 64bit libs
> \Program Files\openmpi\include: common? include
> \Program Files\openmpi\share: common? share
> \Program Files(x86)\openmpi: same as above but for 32bit
> on a win32box,
> \Program Files(x86)\openmpi: same as above but _only_ for 32bit
> Is it doable easily like this already?
> rds,

Shiqing Fan
High Performance Computing           Tel.: +49 711 685 87234
   Center Stuttgart (HLRS)            Fax.: +49 711 685 65832
Address:Allmandring 30               email: fan_at_[hidden]
70569 Stuttgart