Subject: [OMPI users] win: cmake: release+debug
From: Hicham Mouline (hicham_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-01 17:25:04

Hi,

Following the instructions from Readme.windows, I've used cmake and 4 build
directories to generate release and debug win32 and x64 builds. When it came
to install, I wondered: there are 4 directories involved, bin, lib, share
and include.

Are include and share identical across the 4 configurations. If so, it'd be
good to have a cmake way to share those directories somewhere. As the debug
libraries have a d added to their names, they could also coexist in the same
lib directory as the release libs.

on a win64 box, I could see:
\Program Files\openmpi\bin and bin\debug: 64bit release and debug mpic++ and
co (though I don't see the benefit of debug mpic++)
\Program Files\openmpi\lib: debug and release 64bit libs
\Program Files\openmpi\include: common? include
\Program Files\openmpi\share: common? share
\Program Files(x86)\openmpi: same as above but for 32bit

on a win32box,
\Program Files(x86)\openmpi: same as above but _only_ for 32bit

Is it doable easily like this already?

rds,