Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Help!!!!!!!!!!!!Openmpi instal for ubuntu 64 bits
From: Gus Correa (gus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-29 18:03:50

Jeff Squyres wrote:
> Please note that this is an English-speaking list.
> I don't know if Tim speaks ?Spanish?,

Portuguese.

> but I unfortunately don't. :-)
>
> Also note that I asked for some specific information,
> but you ignored it when you replied. Please see the following web page:
>
> http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/
>

> On Nov 29, 2010, at 5:03 PM, Maurício Rodrigues wrote:
>
>> senhor Tim Prince,
>>
>> Gostaria de agradecer o email que me enviou sobre openmpi,
> na verdade, estou tentando compilar o Regcm 4,
> e quando uso o comando, make regcm, aparece um erro
> "mpif90" por isso fui em busca da solução do problema do openmpi,
> utilizo um computador de plataforma 64 bits com sistema operacional ubuntu 10,
> nao consigo instalar de forma alguma o open, faço passo a passo.

If you did not yet install OpenMPI, I wonder how can you use mpif90
to compile REGCM4.
You may be inadvertently using another mpif90, from another MPI,
perhaps something that came with Ubuntu or a compiler.

What is the output of "which mpif90"?

>> 1- ./configure FC=ifort F77=ifort CC=icc CXX=icpc
>>
>> 2-make all
>>
>> 3 sudo make install all
>>
>> os passos 1 e 2 operam normalmente, mas quando uso o comando make install
> aparece o erro que nao consigo solucionar.

You say only step 3 above fails.
You could try "sudo -E make install".

Alternatively, to avoid problems with sudo, you could configure
with --prefix=${HOME}/openmpi, where ${HOME} is
your home directory path.
Then install without sudo
(just "make install").

Good luck.