Subject: Re: [OMPI users] launching the mpi runtime
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-29 16:25:18

On Nov 24, 2010, at 4:41 PM, Hicham Mouline wrote:

>> Sadly true. There has been (very) little demand for this, so we
>> haven't spent much (any) time on making it work.
>
> Is it the same for MacOSX? can't mix MacOsX and linux?
> Can't mix Win and MacOSX?

The issue is mainly Windows, I believe. I *believe* that the network transport that Windows uses is not compatible with any other.

Shiqing -- can you confirm/deny?

Hence, you can run OSX + Linux MPI jobs, although you need to be careful about exactly how you do it -- heterogeneity is not for the meek. You need to have different executables for your different OS's, for example.

For corporate legal information go to: