Subject: Re: [OMPI users] [Rocks-Discuss] compiling Openmpi on solaris studio express
From: Nehemiah Dacres (dacresni_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-29 15:36:11

thank you, you have been doubly helpful, but I am having linking errors and
I do not know what the solaris studio compiler's preferred linker is. The

the configure statement was

./configure --prefix=/state/partition1/apps/sunmpi/ --enable-mpi-threads
--with-sge --enable-static --enable-sparse-groups
CC=/opt/oracle/solstudio12.2/bin/suncc
CXX=/opt/oracle/solstudio12.2/bin/sunCC
F77=/opt/oracle/solstudio12.2/bin/sunf77
FC=/opt/oracle/solstudio12.2/bin/sunf90

   compile statement was

make all install 2>errors

    error below is

f90: Warning: Option -path passed to ld, if ld is invoked, ignored otherwise
f90: Warning: Option -path passed to ld, if ld is invoked, ignored otherwise
f90: Warning: Option -path passed to ld, if ld is invoked, ignored otherwise
f90: Warning: Option -path passed to ld, if ld is invoked, ignored otherwise
f90: Warning: Option -soname passed to ld, if ld is invoked, ignored
otherwise
/usr/bin/ld: unrecognized option '-path'
/usr/bin/ld: use the --help option for usage information
make[4]: *** [libmpi_f90.la] Error 2
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

am I doing this wrong? are any of those configure flags unnecessary or
inappropriate

--
Nehemiah I. Dacres
System Administrator