Subject: Re: [OMPI users] launching the mpi runtime
From: Hicham Mouline (hicham_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-29 14:29:33

>> therefore, I guess I need to separate the GUI binary from the
mpi-processes
>> binary and have the GUI process talk to the "master" mpi process (on
linux)
>> for calc requests.
>>
>> I was hoping I wouldn't have to write a custom code to do that.
>MPI doesn't necessarily mean SPMD -- you can certainly have the GUI call
MPI_INIT and then call MPI_COMM_SPAWN to launch a >different executable to
do the compute working stuff.

Hi Jeff,

I couldn't quite understand this last statement.
If the GUI's on windows, and the compute processes are on linux for
instance, no MPI communication is possible right.
That means, I do need to write custom code to communicate between the GUI
process (win) and the mpi master (linux)

regards,