This web mail archive is frozen.
This page is part of a frozen web archive of this mailing list.
You can still navigate around this archive, but know that no new mails
have been added to it since July of 2016.
Click here to be taken to the new web archives of this list; it includes all the mails that are in this frozen archive plus all new mails that have been sent to the list since it was migrated to the new archives.
I'm noticing a strange problem with Open MPI 1.4.2 on Mac OS X 10.6. We
use both Intel Ifort 11.1 and gfortran 4.3 on the same machine and
switch between them to test and debug code.
I had runtime problems when I compiled openmpi in my usual way of no
shared libraries so I switched to shared and it runs now. However, in
order for it to work with ifort I ended up needing to add the location
of my intel compiled Open MPI libraries (/opt/intelsoft/openmpi/lib) to
my DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to to get codes to compile
and/or run with ifort.
The problem is that adding /opt/intelsoft/openmpi/lib to
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH broke my Open MPI for gfortran. Now when I try to
compile with mpif90 for gfortran it thinks it's actually trying to
compile with ifort still. As soon as I take the above path out of
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH everything works fine.
Also, when I run ompi_info everything looks right except prefix. It says
/opt/intelsoft/openmpi rather than /opt/gfortransoft/openmpi like it
should. It should be noted that having /opt/intelsoft/openmpi in
LD_LIBRARY_PATH does not produce the same effect.