Subject: [OMPI users] Mac Ifort and gfortran together
From: David Robertson (robertson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-29 14:12:36

Hi all,

I'm noticing a strange problem with Open MPI 1.4.2 on Mac OS X 10.6. We
use both Intel Ifort 11.1 and gfortran 4.3 on the same machine and
switch between them to test and debug code.

I had runtime problems when I compiled openmpi in my usual way of no
shared libraries so I switched to shared and it runs now. However, in
order for it to work with ifort I ended up needing to add the location
of my intel compiled Open MPI libraries (/opt/intelsoft/openmpi/lib) to
my DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to to get codes to compile
and/or run with ifort.

The problem is that adding /opt/intelsoft/openmpi/lib to
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH broke my Open MPI for gfortran. Now when I try to
compile with mpif90 for gfortran it thinks it's actually trying to
compile with ifort still. As soon as I take the above path out of
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH everything works fine.

Also, when I run ompi_info everything looks right except prefix. It says
/opt/intelsoft/openmpi rather than /opt/gfortransoft/openmpi like it
should. It should be noted that having /opt/intelsoft/openmpi in
LD_LIBRARY_PATH does not produce the same effect.

Thanks,
Dave