Subject: Re: [OMPI users] out of memory in io_romio_ad_nfs_read.c
From: Rob Latham (robl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-22 14:47:19

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 11:23:29AM +0100, Zak wrote:
> Dear
> I m getting the following error, during the I/O
>
> "out of memory in io_romio_ad_nfs_read.c, line 156"
>
> do any one knew how I solve this issue during the read of file

that's odd. How many processors? can you tell me if it happens with
other file systems? If this is a read-only workload, you can prefix
the file name with 'ufs:' and take a different code path inside the
library.

p.s. i know this won't be very helpful to you but parallel I/O to an
NFS volume, while supported, is not going to perform very well, and
will likely, despite the library's best efforts, give you incorrect
results.

==rob

--
Rob Latham