Subject: Re: [OMPI users] launching the mpi runtime
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-22 10:52:46

Other than MPI_COMM_SPAWN[_MULTIPLE], we don't expose the underlying run-time to MPI applications.

There is a whole programatic interface for the layer under MPI (the Open MPI Runtime Environment -- ORTE), though. We don't advise mixing ORTE calls in MPI applications, but it is certainly feasible to use ORTE for non-MPI things (some of the OMPI community member organizations do so).

What are you trying to do?

On Nov 18, 2010, at 11:37 AM, David Zhang wrote:

> you could spawn more processes from currently running processes.
>
> On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 3:05 AM, Hicham Mouline <hicham_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One typically uses mpirun to launch a set of mpi processes.
>
> Is there some programmatical interface to launching the runtime and having the process that launched the runtime becoming part of the list of mpi processes,
>

> Regards,

> David Zhang
> University of California, San Diego

For corporate legal information go to: