Subject: Re: [OMPI users] open MPI please recommend a debugger for open MPI
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-03 16:05:02

On Nov 3, 2010, at 3:59 PM, Prentice Bisbal wrote:

> So then to paraphrase Jon Stewart, you'd like to politely disagree with me?

I think that would be quite reasonable.

;-)

This is not to say that I'm above printf debugging -- I do it all the time. But... I know what I'm doing. Ahem. But seriously, I try to use printf's for only truly trivial things; I use various kinds of debugging tools for everything else (e.g., I'll frequently use gdb to examine corefiles and/or attach to individual processes in parallel jobs to do heavy-lifting debugging).

For corporate legal information go to: