Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Building OpenMPI 1.5.x
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-02 15:58:59

The issue is described in the ticket that I cited -- we used a newer version of the GNU Autotools to bootstrap the v1.5 series than the v1.4 series. The RPM macros that ship with RHEL 5 and 6 (and I think SLES 11?) don't seem to be compatible with this version -- so I'm not quite sure what the Right solution is.

To be clear: the v1.4 series will continue to be unaffected by this issue because we pick a set of versions of the GNU autotools for a release series and stick with it for the life of the series. It's only the v1.5 series that is problematic here.

One workaround, as indirectly implied by #2611, would be to edit /usr/lib/rpm/macros and edit the "%configure" macro to remove the --program-suffix and --program-prefix clauses from it. Then build the Open MPI RPM, and then restore those clauses in /usr/lib/rpm/macros. This is icky and not a good solution, but it'll work.

For corporate legal information go to: