Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Help passing filename arguments with spaces through mpirun on windows
From: Shiqing Fan (fan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-27 11:17:27

Hi,

You might also want to try "C:\\Program Files\\some dir".

Shiqing

On 2010-10-26 4:54 PM, Reuti wrote:
> Am 26.10.2010 um 16:48 schrieb Bill McGrory:
>
>> I'm trying to pass a full path name as an argument to my executable
>> through mpirun on a windows platform. Some of the directories have
>> spaces embedded in the file name (e.g. C:\Program Files)
>>
>> When I print out the argument list from the program, it has split the
>> argument into two (or more).
>>
>> I have also enclosed the arguments in quotes, but that doesn't seem to
>> help.
> I don't know for Windows, but sometimes it can help to use single and double quotes in combination:
>
> '"C:\Program Files"'
>
> -- Reuti
>

>> Is this a bug? or do I need to escape my argument list some way.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Bill
>>
>> This is v1.4.2 compiled with MSVS using MS compilers, and I see it on XP
>> and Vista.

Shiqing Fan                          http://www.hlrs.de/people/fan
High Performance Computing           Tel.: +49 711 685 87234
   Center Stuttgart (HLRS)            Fax.: +49 711 685 65832
Address:Allmandring 30               email: fan_at_[hidden]
70569 Stuttgart