Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Using hostfile with default hostfile
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-27 10:02:29

Specify your hostfile as the default one:

mpirun --default-hostfile ./Cluster.hosts

Otherwise, we take the default hostfile and then apply the hostfile as a filter to select hosts from within it. Sounds strange, I suppose, but the idea is that the default hostfile can contain configuration info (#sockets, #cores/socket, etc.) that you might not want to have to put in every hostfile.