Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Some problems
From: Shiqing Fan (fan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-27 08:30:25

Hi,

Sorry for late reply.

At moment, CMake build with MinGW is not supported yet.

For the undefined reference problem, if you use VS to compile your
source code, you probably have to add libmpi_cxx.lib, libmpi.lib,
libopen-pal.lib and libopen-rte.lib into the project linker properties
(don't forget to set the "Additional Library Directories" to the
installed OMPI lib path), and then also add "OMPI_IMPORTS, OPAL_IMPORTS,
ORTE_IMPORTS" into preprocessor definitions.

For the detailed compiler options used by Open MPI, you could run
"mpicxx --showme" or "mpicc --showme".

Hope this will solve the problem.

Regards,
Shiqing

On 2010-10-22 10:01 AM, 邵思睿 wrote:
> Hello, I'm using OpenMPI with VTK (Visualization Toolkit) now on
> Windows Vista, and here are some problems occured during installation.
> OpenMPI 1.5: Error during CMake, no matter using MinGW32 or VS2005 as
> compiler
> OpenMPI 1.4.3:
> 1 Building with VS2005 is OK, but when I used MinGW v3.81 (I had
> chosen MinGW in CMake and then used mingw32-make to build) it reported
> error at the very beginning (0%) of make progress
> 2 When I tried to build VTK with OM, it reported 'undefined reference
> to 'MPI::Comm::Comm()', ''undefined reference to 'MPI::Win::Free()'
> and 'undefined reference to 'MPI::Datatype::Free()'
> So could I get some help? Thanks!

Shiqing Fan                          http://www.hlrs.de/people/fan
High Performance Computing           Tel.: +49 711 685 87234
   Center Stuttgart (HLRS)            Fax.: +49 711 685 65832
Address:Allmandring 30               email: fan_at_[hidden]
70569 Stuttgart