Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Open MPI program cannot complete
From: Jed Brown (jed_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-25 13:43:11

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 19:35, Jack Bryan <dtustudy68_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I have to use #PBS to submit any jobs in my cluster.
> I cannot use command line to hang a job on my cluster.

You don't need a cluster to run MPI jobs, can you run the job on whatever
you development machine is? Does it hang there?

PBS interactive jobs are started with qsub -I.

> Where should I put the (gdb --batch -ex 'bt full' -ex 'info reg' -pid
> ZOMBIE_PID) in the script ?

On the line after "mpirun ...", assuming that control returns to there after
the hang. You didn't answer whether that was the case.

> And how to get ZOMBIE_PID from the script ?

Simplest is "pgrep $COMMAND", or use ps.

Jed