Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Open MPI program cannot complete
From: Jed Brown (jed_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-25 13:24:35

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 19:07, Jack Bryan <dtustudy68_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I need to use #PBS parallel job script to submit a job on MPI cluster.

Is it not possible to reproduce locally? Most clusters have a way to submit
an interactive job (which would let you start this thing and then inspect
individual processes). Ashley's Padb suggestion will certainly be better in
a non-interactive environment.

> Where should I put the (gdb --batch -ex 'bt full' -ex 'info reg' -pid
> ZOMBIE_PID) in the script ?

Is control returning to your script after rank 0 has exited? In that case,
you can just put this on the next line.

> How to get the ZOMBIE_PID ?

"ps" from the command line, or getpid() from C code.

Jed