Subject: [OMPI users] dinamic spawn process on remote node
From: Vasiliy G Tolstov (v.tolstov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-22 04:58:29

Hello. May be this question already answered, but i can't see it in list
archive.

I'm running about 60 Xen nodes with about 7-20 virtual machines under
it. I want to gather disk,cpu,memory,network utilisation from virtual
machines and get it into database for later processing.

As i see, my architecture like this - One or two master servers with mpi
process with rank 0, that can insert data into database. This master
servers spawns on each Xen node mpi process, that gather statistics from
virtual machines on that node and send it to masters (may be with
multicast request). On each virtual machine i have process (mpi) that
can get and send data to mpi process on each Xen node. Virtual machine
have ability to migrate on other Xen node....

Please, Can You help me with architecture of this system (is my thoughts
right) ?
And one more qeustion - that is the best way, to attach mpi process to
already running group? (for example, virtual machine is rebooted, or may
be Xen node rebooted)....

Than You for any answers...

--
Vasiliy G Tolstov <v.tolstov_at_[hidden]>
Selfip.Ru