Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI 1.4.2 with Myrinet MX, mpirun seg faults
From: Raymond Muno (muno_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-21 10:39:40

On 10/20/2010 8:30 PM, Scott Atchley wrote:
> We have fixed this bug in the most recent 1.4.x and 1.5.x releases.
>
> Scott
OK, a few more tests. I was using PGI 10.4 as the compiler.

I have now tried OpenMPI 1.4.3 with PGI 10.8 and Intel 11.1. I get the
same results in each case, mpirun seg faults. (I really did not expect
that to change anything).

I tried OpenMPI 1.5. Under PGI, I could not get it to compile. With
Intel 11.1, it compiles. When I try to run a simple test, mpirun just
seems to hang and I never see anything start on the nodes. I would
rather stick with 1.4.x for now since that is what we are running on our
other production cluster. I will leave this for a later day.

I grabbed the 1.4.3 version from this page.

http://www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/v1.4/

When you say this bug is fixed in recent 1.4.x releases, should I try
one from here?

http://www.open-mpi.org/nightly/v1.4/

For grins, I compiled the OpenMPI 1.4.1 tree. This what Myricom
supplied with the MX roll. Same result. I can still run with their
compiled version of mpirun, even when I compile with the other build
trees and compilers. I just do not know what options they compiled with.

Any insight would be appreciated.

-Ray Muno
  University of Minnesota